Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, have a2003 club car gas engine, no movement when

Customer Question

hi curtis, have a2003 club car gas engine, no movement when acclerator is pressed in both forward and reverse, can smell gas like its flooding, changed plug, no help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine is not starting. Do you have spark if you remove the spark plug and ground it? Is the spark plug wet? If so, I doubt you have spark. When did it last run? It has a micro switch that kills the spark, when you let up on the pedal. This switch may best stuck, grounding out the spark. Switch will be at throttle cable in the solenoid box. Where the battery positive cable goes to.