Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Purchased a JAZZY – Select mother second hand. Was

Customer Question

Purchased a JAZZY – Select for my mother second hand. Was told only needed batteries (I beg to differ) so purchased 2 new batteries. The flat plug going to & round plug going back from joystick shows 24.7 volts. Circuit breaker seems fine but joystick will not turn on or horn won't blow. Appears totally dead. Manufacture date was 1/3/08, Ser.# ***** Joystick is PG Drives Controller - 3 Pin, 2 button, speed dial with joystick D50901.01. Do you think a new joystick will solve the problem or something maybe more involved?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  kimshaidy510 replied 1 year ago.
Hello. You have a Jazzy with the old style 3 wire harness. You will need to change the power module and the joystick to the newer 4 pin GC2 style. Most 3 pin joysticks have met the end of their lifespan by now. There is the possibility that power button inlay could be bad but it would only be a temporary fix in our shops experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I assume the 3 pin gc controller is obsolete and can only be found used. While the gc2 controllers are still available. So you feel changing the harness to 4 pin and switching to the gc2 controller and change power module (which I assume is the unit the motors plug into?) Is my best fix?

You are right on the money. Call my shop tomorrow and we can discuss all of your options.(###) ###-####