Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet ltz1054. the light came out of the socket

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet ltz1054. the light came out of the socket and shorted out against the exhaust. Now i don't have any power to the switch. I replaced the fuse and the starter solenoid with no results.
Is there more than one fuse or has it caused something else to fail?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a cub cadet Model GT1554VT the headlight came out of the socket and shorted out against the exhaust. Now i don't have any power to the switch. I replaced the fuse and the starter solenoid with no results. Is there more than one fuse or has it caused something else to fail?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter or test light to test the fuse and fuse holder? The power to the keyswitch comes through this fuse. There is only one. It comes off the posiitve side of the starter solenoid, goes to the fuse, to the dash and keyswitch. Somewhere in that circuit, is the problem!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already found the problem for $20 i will let you know what it was. It was not what you suggested.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
NOPE!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem. There is a fuse by the battery. I found it using a schematic of the wiring harness. You might keep in mind if someone else ask the same question.Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
!! I thought you said fuse was good?