Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My onan 5500 will not run properly, I just purchased my rv

Customer Question

My onan 5500 will not run properly, I just purchased my rv and the previous owner had replaced the carb , he replased the carb and said it was working fine when he stored it , he also said he drained the carb and gas tank . I put fresh fuel in it and its running very rich its spitting fuel out the Ventura and fouled the plugs . I pulled the float bowl and it is clean inside sprayed it out anyway.replaced the plugs and it still is pucking fuel
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the model number of the genset?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Onan 5500 marque gold
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 rv
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Marquis Gold is a family of gensets. It is not a model number. Marquis Gold encompasses the model series of HGJAA, HGJAB, HGJAC, HGJAD, HGJAE and HGJAF. Within each model series there are also several different specifications. There are about 40 different models that carry the Marquis Gold name.
I need the actual model number off your unit.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you Hank , I'll get it in the morning and contact you then . thanks again
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
OK
.