Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 4 year old craftsman push mower. I can

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old craftsman push mower. I can get it to start but it just runs for a couple of seconds before it dies. In the past few weeks it's been sounding a little funny. It sounded as if it was about to stop running while I was cutting the grass. Now it only runs for a few seconds then dies.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, can you send the model number from the sticker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####/p>
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a fuel/carb problem. Make sure engine oil is at proper level. Clamp the fuel line and loosen the hex head under the carb to drain the fuel. When done dripping remove the bolt, that is the main and could be clogged. Poke a wire (bared bread twister) down the center and through the holes near the hex. Re assemble and test.