Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a JD LX277 mower. My wife was mowing just after dark

Customer Question

I have a JD LX277 mower. My wife was mowing just after dark using the headlights. She was just finishing mowing our 2 acre yard. She said it bogged down a little like she had a bunch of clippings go under the deck at one time. The engine then seemed to choke off. I could not get it to turn the starter over; but the battery is fine and the lights burn bright. There is a slight buzz coming from one of the relays on the electronic board behind the battery. Is the board bad or should I look for another source?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Look for another source! This is AM, it may start right up! Sometimes when unit is hot, it is hard to turn!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check battery voltage and the be sure the pto is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have checked all these things already. It still just lowly buzzes when I try to start. It won't actually even engage the starter.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What does the battery voltage read?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump the solenoid, does engine spin?