Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a John Deere 6.75 self propelled lawn mower that I bought

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 6.75 self propelled lawn mower that I bought at an auction I used twice and when I used it the second time I noticed it ran a little rough and I had white smoke coming out. It seemed to go away and about 10 minutes latter I noticed oil coming down my engine and resting on the mower frame. Not sure what happened, it still starts however 3 to 5 sec is all I will try until I can fix the problem. Help'
Thank you
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Need to know what engine. But is the engine over full on oil, or is the oil thin from having gas in the oil? White smoke can be oil being sucked into the cylinder, because oil is over full or thin from gas contamination. It fouls the spark plug and comes out the muffler!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oil was not overfilled or thin however I believe I found the fault. I clean everything and ran the mower for a while until the leak showed, It is leaking where oil fill tube run into your case, I found a silicone type casket that was tearing off and if you lift your oil cap at the top of the motor you can see the tube pull out of the case. Now to find what parts I need and hope it's an easy repair. Is it just a casket of some kind and I just pull the top molding with the oil tube to replace?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Model number? Usually it has an o'ring at the base of the filler tube.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model is js63c
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
19LG692296O-Ring
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
19LG692296O-Ring19LG692296O-Ring
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0001/0001770360____________A1.gif