Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

26 hp Koehler engine turns over has spark seems like it's

Customer Question

26 hp Koehler engine turns over has spark seems like it's not getting fuel . Starts with starting fluid .
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question. First check to see if you are getting a steady flow of fuel from your fuel tank, to your carburetor. If your fuel flow is good, check the fuel shut off solenoid that screws into your carburetor. It should click each time you cycle your ignition switch on and off, to allow fuel to enter your carburetor. Your fuel solenoid has a spring loaded plunger, that must retract when your ignition switch is on. If your fuel flow is good, and your fuel shut off solenoid is working as it should, then our problem is very likely caused by your carburetor.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
In this case, your carburetor will need a really good cleaning.