Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

The pto cable that engages the lawn mower has broken. how do

Customer Question

the pto cable that engages the lawn mower has broken. how do you repair it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question. The first thing you will need to do, is remove your battery. After you remove your battery, you will have access to the end of your cable that attaches to your deck engagement lever. Your cable attaches to your lever and snaps into a bracket on your frame, that secures your cable, to prevent movement. From here your cable attaches to your deck, and your idler arm. I recommend that you wait until you get your new cable, before removing your existing cable. This way,you can use the routing of your existing cable as a guide as you install your new cable. I suggest that you also take pictures, and make note as you go. This will help with re-assembly as well. We can continue from here. Thanks!