Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I need the torque specificiation Mandrel Housing

Customer Question

Hello I need the torque specificiation for the Mandrel Housing on a Husqvarna LGT 2654 anyone?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question. The manufacturer does not list any torque specs for the bolts that secures your Mandrel Housing to your deck. Just get them good and tight. Are your four holes pre-thread?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it came with self-tapping bolts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and would you know what the general torque specs for a mandrel housing? just don't want to brake it.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this information. I do not have any general specs either. I generally lubricate my self tapping bolts really well, and make sure I tap them in straight and level as possible. I use an impact wrench for this purpose, but you can use the tool of your choice. After I have tapped each hole, I remove the bolts and clean each hole. I reinsert and tighten each bolt with a manual hand ratchet. If you choose, you do not have to remove your bolts, if you tap them in, with your mandrel housing mounted to your deck.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I do have the torques specs for your blade bolt, and the nut for your Mandrel Pulley.