Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I just bought a used gravely 34 inch walk behind mower. Model

Customer Question

I just bought a used gravely 34 inch walk behind mower. Model 911412. It has a new 15 hp B&S motor and overall is excellent shape. One problem is the mower deck belt has slipped off a few times. I have read this is a problem with this mower. Is there a way to adjust the belt so this does not happen. I sent away for the owners manual but all it refers to is belt replacement.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question. Remove you belt completely.Spin your idler pulley, and both spindle pulleys by hand. Look closely as you spin these pulleys, to see if they spin smoothly, without wobbling.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Take a look at the image I attached for you.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I marked the location of your Idler Arm and the bearings for it. Check your Idler Arm, to see if you notice any excessive up and down play or wear in it. If there is some play here, this can cause your belt to slip off of one of your pulleys.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
All of your pulleys needs to spin quietly and smoothly. We can continue from here. Thanks!