Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

The powerhorse (414cc) engine on my go kart has been acting

Customer Question

The powerhorse (414cc) engine on my go kart has been acting up. It starts right away by then dies after about 3-5 min of riding. Once it dies I have to wait about 5 min before it can be started again and then the whole cycle repeats itself
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
You and I need to determine if our problem is fuel related, or if it is ignition related. If you have some carburetor cleaner (preferably), or some starting fluid, spray a small burst, directly into your carburetor, immediately after your engine dies. If your engine will start right up, then our problem is likely fuel related, if your engine does not start right up, then our problem could be ignition related.
If you know how to check for spark to your spark plug, check your spark, immediately after your engine dies. We can continue from here. Thanks!