Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2010 RXV and having a braking problem, I can be driving

Customer Question

I have a 2010 RXV and having a braking problem, I can be driving and all of a sudden the brakes will lock up. I turn the key off and then back on and it will go again, there is a burning smell afterwards. I recently had it in the shop for other issues, when I asked them to take a look the replaced the Brake Assembly at a cost of 575.00. I got the cart back and it was fine for a week and then the same problem happened again, I took it back and now the are claiming a resistor issue at a cost of over 700.00. Can anyone tell me if this will solve the problem and is the price they are quoting correct.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a EzGo electric Golf cart
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The RXV's are voltage sensitive. If battery voltage drops from the 48 volts, the brakes will start to lock. Are the batteries up to full charge? How old are the batteries? RXV's have history of braking problems all related to battery voltage. If you do search for RXV braking problem, you will find many discussions of it!