Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My John Deere 3000 pressure washer sputters and dies after

Customer Question

My John Deere 3000 pressure washer sputters and dies after it has been running well for about 45 minutes. Once it gets warmed up, I can't keep it running.
Builds good pressure. Good water flow. Engine trouble though. It is a Honda GX 200 motor. Suggestions? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you removed the carburetor float bowl and checked it for water and debris?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You are loosing spark or fuel. If spark ,engine should die, and have to cool before restart.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Fuel tank cap venting? fuel filter, supply from tank clear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That gives me three things to look for, thanks. Seems more likely to be a fuel starvation issue than lack of spark. In any case, I don't think a new spark plug will solve it. Let me check the fuel filter and carb bowl. Not sure about fuel cap venting, how do I check for that?It definitely needs to cool down before re-starting. That is true. Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If it has to cool before restart, check for spark! If no spark , you have a bad coil.