Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a Murray ride on mower that won't start I changed the

Customer Question

I have a Murray ride on mower that won't start I changed the spark pluggs and the coil it started one time and now nothing
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
You will need to check to see if you are getting fuel. Take the air filter off and put a very small amount of fuel into the air intake. Then try to start it. IF it fires or trys to start, then you know that you are not getting fuel. Most of the time the problem is in the carburetor . You may need to clean and rebuild the carburetor. Make sure that you take some pictures of the linkage so you will know how to put it back together.You may need to get a complete carburetor repair kit to rebuild the carburetor.Try this and let me know how thing go.please give me a good rating as this is how this site pays me for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting fuel the problem is no spark
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
You most likely have a bad safety switch. Starting with the seat switch.
If you have replaced the coil. Also check for any loose wire or a wire that is grounding.