Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2500 PSI generec power washer that won't start

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Remove the spark plug, and with it grounded, see if it has spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the cylinder. re-install the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds. If it does, carburetor needs to be cleaned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged the spark cover, tried it, no spark, I do not really know how to remove the plug itself.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another spark plug? Attach spark plug to the spark plug wire, and with it grounded, see if there is spark.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If no spark, the engine may need new coil.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got spark plug wrench from Home Depot, removed the spark plug from the engine, and tested, no spark. Also I replaced the spark plug with a new one, tested, no spark either.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Time to locate the kill wire on the coil. remove it and check again for spark. No spark with kill wore removed, you need new coil!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
kill wire