Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My briggs&stratton ohv intek 18.5 motor will not start I have

Customer Question

My briggs&stratton ohv intek 18.5 motor will not start I have got good battery good spark new starter engine didn't want to turn over adjusted vavles started but then did same thing adjusted vavles and seems like the valves won't stay adjusted plus lot of gas getting coming out when I take the valve cover off
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
With gas getting into the valves and elsewhere, the problem is that the carburetor is dirty and the needle is not shitting off the gas when the float tells it to. You will need to clean and rebuild the carburetor with a ner complete carburetor repair kit. Make sure that your valves are set again and that the adjustments are tight.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site will pay me for my time.Contact me here again if you need more help.