Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Sears model 28724 or###-##-####has full battery I replaced

Customer Question

sears model 28724 or###-##-####has full battery I replaced starter solenoid, ignition switch, safety switch on left pedal. I turn key on a headlightd dont turn on engage starter no effect on engine. no voltage around engine parts. I jumper starter solenoid
and engine turns over.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you located the ignition fuse and checked it and the fuse holder? Owners manual says it is under the dash!, but it may be near the battery and starter solenoid. Blown fuse will cause this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the fuse hanging down near the rear of the engine. I replaced the 20 amp fuse even though it did not appear to be blown.
My ohm meter does not show any problem either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could problems with the magneto cause these conditions?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Magneto only make the spark for ignition, nothing else. Do you have a voltmeter or test light to see if there is battery voltage past the fuse, to the key switch?