Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a kohler command pro 14 that came on a new ingersol

Customer Question

I have a kohler command pro 14 that came on a new ingersol rand air compressor. The engine is set up with an electric starter. I cannot figure out where to connect the positive cable from the battery to the starter.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Starter has a single pole on it? You have to add a starter relay between battery and starter! Do you have a relay/starter solenoid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It already has the relay solenoid. There are three wires attached to it a small blue wire a red wire and another that I cannot remember the color.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Positive battery cable goes to one of the large terminals on the relay. On the same terminal ,needs to be the wire that feeds the Battery terminal on the keyswitch. The other large terminal goes to the starter. If you have a single small terminal on relay, that is the start terminal that needs to go to the start terminal on the keyswitch. And the relay mounting needs to be grounded. If your relay has two small terminals, the second small terminal has to be grounded!