Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

HAVE A GENERAC PRIMEPACT 55G .. 1ST- DASH SWITCH WILL NOT

Customer Question

HAVE A GENERAC PRIMEPACT 55G ..
1ST- DASH SWITCH WILL NOT START GENERATOR WHEN PUSHED CAN HEAR PRIMING BUT NO GENERATOR CRANK FUNCTION . NOW WAS ABLE TO PUSH START SWITCH ON GENERATOR AND GENERATOR STARTED AND RAN FINE .BUT HAD TO REMOVE AND CLEAN SPARK PLUGS FOR TOO MUCH FUEL WHILE DASH SWITCH WAS PRIMING --
AFTER GENERATOR RAN FOR 5 MINUTES I WAS ABLE TO SHUT OFF THE GENERATOR FROM THE DASH SWITCH -- I ALSO WAS ABLE TO START THE GENERATOR FORM THE DASH SWITCH --
NEXT DAY ATTEMPTED TO START THE GENERATOR FROM THE DASH SWITCH -- NOT ABLE TO ***** --- BUT AND FROM GENERATOR WITH ABLE TO CRANK BUT WILL NOT RUN -- HAVE FUEL HAVE SPARK -- POPING NOISE FROM INTAKE . PLEASE ADVISE IF HAVE ANSWERS -
THANKS RYAN
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
An issue like this can be very difficult to diagnose - especially without being able to see it.
Start with checking all connections - paying extra attention to the remote plug, and the connections at the engine control board. Make sure all connections are clean and tight.
Check the connections on the back of the dash switch.
Generac is bad about having connections vibrate loose, due to the small guage wires that they are so found of using.
Let me know how things look.
.