Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Troy-Bilt Riding Mower 13WX79KT011 xp 22 hp. I mowed

Customer Question

Troy-Bilt Riding Mower 13WX79KT011 xp 22 hp. I mowed for about an hour this morning in semi wet grass. After emptying the bag, got ready to go and turned the key. A buzz sound was made in the starter area, no clicking, I am guessing the starter went out but I would say I tinker, not an expert at all. What do you think?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After charging the battery, the mower started. I need a battery. Thanks Have a good 4th on Saturday
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
AS you said, it sounds like you need a new battery. Make sure that you geet a GOOD battery with at least 300 cranking amps in i and stay away from the discount store batteries as a good portion of them are bad right off the bat.Good luck and have a good weekend.