Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

14 months ago I bought a new Cub Cadet RZT-S 50. The steering

Customer Question

14 months ago I bought a new Cub Cadet RZT-S 50. The steering wheel suddenly only allows me to turn full left through slightly left of center (will not turn right)
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Since this has a TWO year warranty, I suggest that you take this to a Warranty repari shop and have them fix it under warranty.Trying to fix it yourself will VOID THE WARRANTY.You most likely have a belt steering rod or a stripped steering gear.I suggest that you DON'T try fixing this yourself. Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Let me know if you need more information.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
I read the answer I gave and I misspelled the Word BENT.You most likely have a Bent steering rod or a stripped steering gear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I realize that this tractor is still under warranty and already contacted our local shop. They informed me that they would fix it under warranty but it's a three week turnaround right now. I was hoping that you could tell me how to fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i fixed it.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
What did you find wrong with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed plate at the front of the base of steering column and found a stick stuck to a gear. I removed stick , wiped and lubricated gear , and replaced plate. Ops. check good.