Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

What will cause my turf ranger to not charge in battery?

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
You have two possiblities.1. The battery itself is bad and will not take a charge.2. The charging system is bad and needs to be replaced/ If the charging system is bad then it could be a voltage regulator that is bad or it woucl be the charging coils (Stator) that is located under the flywheel that is bad and needs replaced.You really need to have a good shop test the charging system if you have a good battery. If your battery is more than a couple of years old, I would suggest that you replace the battery with a GOOD new one with at least 300 cranking amps.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
You should also check the battery cables for corrosion and clean them if needed,