Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Replaced engine in snapper(###) ###-####150 zt. used recommended

Customer Question

replaced engine in snapper(###) ###-####150 zt. used recommended B/S 33R877-0003-g7 to replace original B/S 31m777-0111-e1. startup normal but magneto failed twice after about 4hrs run time. suspect a snapper chassis wiring problem but can not find snapper electrical diagrams to prove it. the new engine uses a newer magneto incompatible with the original. The on line schematic I found showed a brake safety switch in the interlocks, there is none to be found on the mower. Som.ehow I think 12v is getting to the kill wire

Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Is there voltage to the coil kill wire? If there is , you can check keyswitch for wire location, and see if there is another post that will only ground the kill wire when key is turned off. Or you can add a diode in the wire, so current does not flow to the coil. Or you can remove the kill wire and run it separately to a spring loaded toggle switch that will ground out the wire to kill engine. ??? I find no schematic on the snapper that shows the two engines to be any different
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi curtis please call me at.(###) ###-#### ***** you
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Phone call $50.00 and I cant tell you anymore than I have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Curtis, Sorry but this did not work out The information I need is just not available, shame on snapper If you can't find it I don't stand a chance, I do not want to risk violating safety switch wiring at this time I don'tknow what to do? Thank you for your response. I wish to cancel the charges Jim