Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Briggs Stratton Model #580:752370; 2800 PSI 2.5 GPM

Customer Question

I have a Briggs Stratton Model #580:752370; 2800 PSI 2.5 GPM that I only use once a year if that and everytime I attempt to use it I end up having to take it to Sears for repair (for what-unsure) every year. Will/Can you please tell me how to change the filter and whatever so that I can attempt to fix it before I put it on the trash pile and have a handyman come and fix what I have had to pay extra every year since I've owned it??... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Sincerely,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I understand your fustration , the problem most likely is it has gas in it and with it being gas without any fuel stabilizer in it , it goes bad and gums up the carburetor. With lawnmowers they are used from April till November , maybe December so they sit 3 to 4 months max . But like you said pressure washers , generators etc get used once a year so the gas if untreated goes bad . The best way to prevent it is to add a fuel stabilizer like stabil to your gas cans . The gas will be treated and not go bad . To fix it the carburetor will have to be drained , maybe cleaned
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Looking at that model number it's pulling craftsman pressure washers , can you give me any engine info on the motor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you John, I see two or three different numbers on the machine. I have no idea which is for the motor. I do not feel that telling me that the carburetor probably needs draining is worth $18.00. If infact you thought this was the problem should you have also told me how to drain the gas out of the carburetor? Please DO NOT deduct $18.00 from my credit card. I do not wish to utilize your service. Sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Umm I'm sorry how would you like me to tell you how to drain the carburetor when you can't provide and info on the engine ? Every engine is different. Briggs and stratton is the make , they have tons of models . Once you could give me the model or 190 cc I can go about telling you how to drain the carburetor . Your not treating your gas so this will keep happening , I'm definitely sure this is the problem because of limited use the gas goes bad. To get a refund you need to contact customer service , I'm not paid until my service is rated . You can manually close your question and contact customer service