Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My engine wants to turn over so I put fuel straight into

Customer Question

My engine wants to turn over so I put fuel straight into carberator and it turned over but died and it won't stay running
Model # *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
THe most likely thing that is wrong is that the carburetor is dirty and needs to be cleaned and rebuilt using a complete carburetor repair kit.Make sure that you take several pictures of the linkage before you take the carburetor off so you will know how everything goes back together.If you get the Model and type number off of the ENGINE, then you can go to this site and find the part numbers of the carburetor kit.Go to this site: www.partstree.com and then woll show you the parts diagrams,Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we tried that already cleaning it and we are getting fire from spark plug what else do you suggest checking
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.

It still seems like a carburetor problem. If you did not use a complete carb kit, you should do that. It obviously isn't getting enough fuel. Let me know what engine it is and I might be able to help a little better. Give me the model and type number of the engine. Whaqt kind of equipment is this engine used on?