Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Briggs and stratton 21hp engine surging.

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned carburetor, fuel line is clear, fresh gas, etc. I am thinking it may be the governor.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Did you soak your carburetor prior to cleaning it? Will your engine continue to surge if you partially close your choke?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the carb was very clean, much to my surprise. When closing choke it almost backfires, and then starts to smoke (white), but very light.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
How long has it been since your engine last performed to your satisfaction? Have you check to make sure you are getting a steady and continuous flow of fuel from your fuel tank, to your carburetor? Have you checked your fuel shut off solenoid? These are only troubleshooting questions.