Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Ariens tractor seems to over heat when temps outside get

Customer Question

My Ariens tractor seems to over heat when temps outside get hot,starts sputtering to a stall out.I do not have this problem in cooler fall temps
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! What engine do you have? How long before tractor will restart? Tractor looses spark or fuel. There is a fuel solenoid in the carburetor , it clicks to open as soon as you turn the key on. When tractor is cold, turn key on and off, listening for the click. Then when it stalls, do the same, do you hear the click? No click, no fuel! Next to check would be the spark, take a spare spark plug and when unit stalls, remove the spark plug wire, attach the spare spark plug, and with it grounded, see if it has spark when cranking. These tow tests will show what needs to be done next.