Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet 1050. I replaced the battery, pto clutch

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 1050. I replaced the battery, pto clutch and relay because the mower deck stopped working. Pto has power and good ground. I hear it click when I pull the switch, but it does not turn even without the belt on. It also gets hot to the touch.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!Pto clutch is driven by the engine crankshaft! You say it does not turn? Even if the bearing in the clutch fails and locks up, the clutch should turn, just would not release. Is something binding the clutch? It sounds like the clutch is bad, but the symptoms are not quite right!