Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My cub cadet lawn mower is RZT Series Model RZT150. I have

Customer Question

my cub cadet lawn mower is RZT Series Model RZT150. I have to change the drive belt. how do i go about doing this.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have a shop manual I will send you. It has detailed pictures too and can assist you much better than me trying to explain it. See Chapter 4.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I under stand what you sent. My question is How do I get the belt off and new belt on? Do I have to lower the PTO ? If so how do I keep the shaft from turning?Thank You
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Once you remove the belt from the trans pulley's you should have enough slack to remove it. You need to disconnect the wire harness plug for the PTO and the stop bracket for it that keeps it from spinning and tearing out the wires
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
If not enough room to pull belt down past transmissions the the PTO needs loosened and moved down.An air tool would be best for that.You can also remove spark plug and fill the cylinder with rope to serve as a piston stop and try to unscrew it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try that tomorrow.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome