Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a 60" super z about 5 yrs old. Starter was whining after

Customer Question

I have a 60" super z about 5 yrs old. Starter was whining after shut down, pulled the fuse to kill, replaced fuse began to whine, engaged starter repeated times which disengaged starter and allowed to restart, however after running a few minutes mower shut down and would not start. I replaced the battery but would not start. Checked fuses, ok, key on fan runs but no starter. is it likely that contact switch in seat is bad ? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Your most likely problm is the starter solenoid.The solenoid was stick in the ON position and that is why you had to take the fuse out to turn it off.Now the solenoid is stuck in the OFF position.Replace the starter solenoid and you will most likely fix the problem.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to contact me again if you need more information.