Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Mm55 stihl tiller tines will not rotate after engine is started

Customer Question

mm55 stihl tiller tines will not rotate after engine is started and when it tries engines bogs down! what might be wrong?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The most likely thing that could be wrong is that the gears on the inside of the gearbox are messed up. If mot you might have a rock stuck in the tines that is holding it tight.usually if the gear box is messed up, you should get a complete new gearbox as it is expensive to try to repair if the gears are even available and most of the time they are not available.Please let me know what you find.please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.