Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

Sears lawn tractor, PTY 9000, model###-##-#### ***** no.

Customer Question

Sears lawn tractor, PTY 9000, model###-##-#### ***** no. 1C040H60280
Problem: While cutting the lawn, the blades quit turning, engine still running fine. I checked
the belt and it fine.
1) Called Sears parts department and they sold me a new PTO switch, installed new switch
and still no engagement of blades. Need some help!!
JP
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
You need to check and see if you are getting power down to the pto. you should be able to sit in the seat and turn key just to the run posistion and then turn on pto and see if you here the pto clicking. If you don't you will have to check the wire at the pto and see if it has power going to it at the pto. If it does your going to need a new pto. Always check for any fuses in the system most likely under the dash to make sure there is not a blown fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The PTO has several wires, without a wiring diagram, one cannot tell which is power in and power out. As I said in the beginning, I've already

replaced the PTO with new one and no blades turning. There are no. fuses that I could locate. Do you h

Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
you said you have replaced the pto switch not the pto itself. That is where you need to check for power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where is the PTO?

Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Pto is located underneath on the engine crankshaft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Checked power to the electric clutch on the PTO, it has power - looks like I need a new electric clutch??

Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Probably so. You can check clutch with and OHM meter on the two prongs and it should be 4-6 ohms if different it is bad.
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if you got it fixed.

Please rate my response.