Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Torro wheel horse just stopped running while cutting grass

Customer Question

Torro wheel horse just stopped running while cutting grass plenty petrol and think have checked the safety things
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine turning, just not starting? If you remove one of the spark plugs and place it on the metal of the engine, does it have spark when cranking? If it has spark, check the fuel solenoid in the carburetor. It has to open as soon as the key is turned on. If it looses voltage, it kills engine and engine will not get fuel to restart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your response which i have just seen. when I turn the key nothing happens. not even a click
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you located the fuse for the ignition system, near battery and solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 't know what the soleniod is. I have checked all fuses on right side of engine compartment
battery is under the seat and I don't see any fuses there. don
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure what went wrong there. Battery is under seat and no sign of fuses there ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, do you have voltmeter or a test light to see if there is battery voltage to the key switch? Is battery voltage above 12.5 volts? If you follow the positive battery cable, it goes to the starter solenoid. Can you jump the solenoid and make engine spin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try that in the morning
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Given up and taken it to the repair shop. Thanks for your help. Best RegardsMike
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK< thanks!