Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have 2001 John Deere 355D.

Customer Question

have 2001 John Deere 355D. Can't get mower blades to engage.Was mowing fine.Came disengaged. Tried twice came back on briefly then never again
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Did you still need help? Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the pto switch, and the pto clutch? The switch as to turn on the relay for the clutch, There are two relays, just alike, on the fire wall, one is for pto. Swap the relays and see if the pto engages. If not, take jumper wires direct from the battery and go to the clutch and see if the magnet engages on the clutch. If it does the clutch is good, and the problem is before the clutch. Either switch, relay or wires between. The key switch module has the two fuses, be sure both are good. And it has two LED's, are they both on? They indicate that there is voltage to the panel. One is ignition, the other is pto.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expecting reply yesterday. When got nothing by 5 pm carried to John Deere service center. MESSAGE I WAS GIVEN WOULD GET ANSWER IN 8 MINUTES. DIDN'T HAPPEN .
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, experts work from home when they can. I was not at home. Let me report question and get you refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.