Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a 25 cc weedwacker but it won't rev up. starts fine

Customer Question

i have a 25 cc weedwacker but it won't rev up. starts fine and idles ok, but cannot get up enough speed to cut weeds
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. When you squeeze the trigger can you see the throttle move on the carburetor body ? If so does it die when you squeeze the trigger ? I'm just trying to determine if you could have a broken throttle cable or a carburetor issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts to rev up them dies back. if I keep the throtle open it will die
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is a carburetor issue , basically the fuel / air passage ways in the carburetor are gummed up or blocked . The carburetor will need to be removed and taken apart cleaned and a rebuild kit installed most likely .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has never run well but has been getting worse. I've heard that Sears sells a premix gas designed for the small engines - something to do with ethenol- should this help?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
No because the carburetor is already blocked . It would with that carburetor being rebuilt or replaced , ethanol is destroying alot of carburetor gaskets and gumming up screens etc