Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis; I was operating a Jacobson ar 3 this afternoon and

Customer Question

Hi Curtis; I was operating a Jacobson ar 3 this afternoon and It shut down like turning off the ignition. As I was climbing off the mower antifreeze started coming out of the pressure overflow. After an hour the unit was cool an I added additional antifreeze, checked the oil level and for water. Set in the seat turned on the key observed the preheat light turned the ignition and.... Nothing..... No click of the seloniod no dim of lights .... Nothing
My question is this is there a reset or breaker or something else I need to do to start this thing?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!There will be a fuse or a circuit breaker on the small wire that comes off the posiitve post of the starter solenoid, the same post the posiitve battery cable goes to. The small wire goes through he fuse/circuit breaker, to the keyswitch. Is battery voltage above 12.5 volts? Fully charged would be over 13 volts. next would be to jump the starter solenoid t see if engine spins.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I jumped the starter solenoid and the motor spins good and disengages when I remove the jumper. I will look for the fuse or circuit breaker. the battery was at 13 volts until I cranked it over alot. It is charging now. It still feels like there is no fuel to get it to run. when I have the key on the fuel pump runs and builds pressure. the safety switch on the seat works, the neutral safety switch works. I can not check if the break safety switch works.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me know.