Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Bought a new murray 30" 10.5 Briggs riding mower Turn key and

Customer Question

bought a new murray 30" 10.5 Briggs riding mower Turn key and nothing happens
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shorted across all safety switches and checked power to several points. Starter wll spin when cross the solenoid. Don't know the switch wiring so can not determine if switch is bad
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The most likely thing that is wrong is that a safety switch is not making contact. THis is usually the safety switch on the brake peddal. Also if the mower engagement switch is not working, it will cause this as well. Check to make sure that the mower engagement is in the OFF position akk the way. Then go to the brake switch. Some of these also have a switch on them transmission lever and it must be in neutral.Only once in a great while is the problem in the ignition switch.It socul be any or all of these switches causing your problem.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to connect a jumper wire to the brake safety switch wires to see if it is good or not
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
I hope that this helps you Please don't forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to continue with me if you need more help.