Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I've c9me across a never been used Generac Guardian 04079-3

Customer Question

I've c9me across a never been used Generac Guardian 04079-3 10kw for sale for $2,500. Seems high. I cant fond much info for. I'm a single mom & need to make sure it's not going to cause me more headaches. Any info would be much appreciated!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
$2500 seems excessively high to me.
Although that unit may never have been used, it is an old unit.
I couldn't justify paying $2500 for a 10kW Generation 1 unit, when you can get a brand new 11kW Generation 5 unit for $3000 - only $500 more.
As a certified Generac technician, the only advantage that unit would have over a new one would be maintenance costs. The older Gen 1 unit is a bit cheaper to work on, but as a rule, they need to be worked on more often than the newer units.
Also, with this unit being as old as it is, there is a pretty good chance that it would need some work just to get it running. It's been sitting for an awful long time.
If you could swing it, I would highly suggest you pass this unit up, and just go with the newer models.
.