Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I JUST REPLACE MY NEW CARB.THERE ARE ON LY HAVE 1 IDLE SCREW

Customer Question

I JUST REPLACE MY NEW CARB.THERE ARE ON LY HAVE 1 IDLE SCREW TO ADJUST. IF I ADJUST TO CLOCK SIDE, THE ENGINE WILL OFF, IT ADJUST TO COUNTER CLOCK SIDE IT RUN TOO SLOW OR EVEN CAN NOT START THE ENGINE. PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO ADJUST CORRECT.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the Phillips head screw just raises and lowers the idle speed so you can adjust it so the cutting head stops turning.You do have a hi and lo speed adjustment screw but a special tool is needed but you can try this.using a piece of 3/16 copper tubing you can tap it onto the screw to turn it.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Start the trimmer and open the low speed screw(closest to the engine) so it will run without the choke on.Squeeze the trigger and if it hesitates or wants to stall open low speed a hair more.Run on high speed and fine tune adjustment,after it runs good open high speed screw a hair so it doesn't run too lean.