Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a Wildcat with a Kohler engine. It starts and runs

Customer Question

I have a Scag Wildcat with a Kohler engine. It starts and runs great for about 5 min then looses power and sputters. Ive changed the plugs, fuel and fuel filter with no change. I can let it sit for a few hours start it up and within a few mins it looses power
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
I suspect that you have a carburetor that is not giving you enough fuel when it gets warm.IT probably is going th have to have the carburetor cleaned and rebuilt.Does it try to run a little better if you put ch choke part of the way on? This would tell me that it really is the carburetor that is the problem.Another thing that could cause this is if one of the tow cylinders is not working properly. I am guessing that this is a Twin cylinder engine)When it looses power, tale one of the spark plug wire off and see if it changers how it runs. If the engine dies then that cylinder is the only one that is working. If it stans running but does not change how it is running, then that cylinder is the one that is not working.Try these two things as hopefully this will fix it.Get back to me and let me know what you find.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.