Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Our mower has gas in the oil, We changed the fuel pump and

Customer Question

Our mower has gas in the oil, We changed the fuel pump and it seemed ok ,but it has fuel in the oil again. where do I look now?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. Do not try to start it up, it will lock the motor up or seize it . The problem is the carburetor. The needle is not sealing with the inlet valve and gas then by passes the carburetor and gets into the crankcase and mixes with the oil. The way to fix it is remove the carburetor and remove the bowl, pin, float needle etc and rebuild the carburetor. If it has a brass inlet valve that will need to be replaced as well
The brass inlet valves are what usually wear out , but the rubber inlet valves wear out as well