Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Technician
Experience:  15+ years of experience and a business owner.
8380480

H2113 GDA: . I have a Honda H2113 Riding Mower. Has always

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Honda H2113 Riding Mower. Has always run well with a few repairs from time to time. I is smoking now and sputters and loses power after 30 minutes or so of cutting - sometimes if I disengage PTO quickly enough, it will stay running sometimes starts right back up, sometimes needs to sit. Blowing lots of smoke though
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,If the engine is blowing smoke it's either worn out or it's overfull of oil.Check your oil level first and if it's overfilled, smell it.If it smells like gas at all the carburetor is letting fuel flow past the needle and seat and flooding the engine out.This is pretty common so check that.If it's not overfilled and it's smoking for no other apparent reason that would indicate that the engine is worn out.It could be piston rings, or valve guides. Either way a pretty serious repair would be in order to fix it.