Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a 25hp ELS &S engine in my Huskee mower. On two

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 25hp ELS B&S engine in my Huskee mower. On two occasions recently, it's been acting like it was starving for fuel. The 1st time this happened, I checked the fuel line and I replaced the fuel filter, on principle. That seemed to fix the issue for a couple more mowings. Today, it's done it again. I'm not sure what to look for next...
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Most of the time the problem is that the carburetor is dirty and needs to be cleaned and rebuilt with a complete carburetor repair kit. The small passages in the carburetor are most likely restricted.Please let me know how things go. Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Rebuilding the carburetor as I mentioned should help your situation.
Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.