Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Onan runs when start switch is pressed let go and it dies

Customer Question

onan runs when start switch is pressed let go and it dies
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Generally speaking, this is due to the safety system, pressing the switch bypasses, when switch is released if there is a problem it will shut down, such as oil sensor as an example. If you have a remote switch panel this can also be from one of them being stuck off/bad.
This can be further diagnosed if you plan on trying to repair yourself please let me know.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.