James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years
18589515

Have a Skag Tiger Turf 62" with a Kawasaki STT61A-29DFI-SS

Customer Question

Have a Skag Tiger Turf 62" with a Kawasaki STT61A-29DFI-SS motor S/N A6500561. It had spring time contaminated fuel which I purged. I am experiencing a loss of power under load. The motor starts right up and runs at idle with no load. But, when I load it up in a cut, it looses RPM. It continues to run but no power and reduced RPM. One article said it may be running an one cylinder. I will check that with a plug wire removal. Any thing else to check?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James W replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,
My name is***** and I am here to help the best I can. My goal is 100% satisfaction. Let's get started.
Expert:  James W replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace the fuel filter? Clean the fuel Tank as well.
Pull the Spark plugs and examine them. Often contaminated fuel fouls the spark plugs. If they have not been replaced lately than you might as well replace them and gap them.
Expert:  James W replied 1 year ago.

There is a product called mechanic in a bottle that can help you out. http://www.randyslawnmowerrepair.com/#!product-page/cnq1/2bedb820-e9d5-ea2d-2daa-5b79708e4a2e

You need to have the tank very low on fresh fuel and then add the product and run the engine so it runs through it. Also could be a valve needing adjusted as well cause you may be low on compression.