Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I was mowing yesterday and I killed the engine by jumping up

Customer Question

I was mowing yesterday and I killed the engine by jumping up from the seat. Tried restarting the mower and had no luck. Changed the battery cause it was old. All the mower does is clicks when I turn the key.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! When does the click occur? When key is turned on (fuel solenoid on carburetor) or when you turnkey to start (starter solenoid)? If when key is turned on, check your seat switch and harness to it. The safety switch circuit, seat, brake, arms, and pto can keep starter from engaging.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.partstree.com/parts/troy-bilt/mowers-zero-turn-lawn-mower/17wf2acp011-troy-bilt-mustang-xp-zero-turn-mower-2012/electrical/