Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a bunton textron zero turn mower with a brigg and straton

Customer Question

I have a bunton textron zero turn mower with a brigg and straton engine. When i turn on the blades the motor bogs down. Why is it doing that. What is wrong with it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! This is twin cylinder Briggs engine. Run a cylinder balance test. Loosen the spark plug wires. then with engine idling, remove one spark plug wire at a time. If engine dies when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check it for spark. and compression. If it has spark and compression,check the valves ,you may have a bent or broken pushrod.