Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am leaking oil on my is700z mower. I can't tell were it is

Customer Question

I am leaking oil on my is700z mower. I can't tell were it is coming from. I believe it is from the drain tube. Are the fittings able to be tightened? gary
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
be careful tightening these fitting as you can damage the threads and sometimes the block.The normal place that these leak oil is from the valve cover gasket. You most likely will have to replace the valve cover gasket. Sometime the head gasket gets blown on these and it will leak oil from their too. This is a harder gasket to replace and you might want to have a good shop do the work if that is the case, but try the other two things first. Please do not forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time. Thanks