Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet 1045 and it will not start. I put in a

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 1045 and it will not start. I put in a new battery and do not get the clicking sound so I think its a start solenoid, but it may still be a starter. it is only one year old and this happened the first season I got it. Any help will be great.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Have you located the ignition fuse and verified it is sending voltage to the keyswitch? Can you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid, and jump from the posiitve post to the switch post, on the same solenoid, and see if the starter engages? This checks the battery, cables, solenoid and starter!